CityROCK and Pikes Peak Alpine School have teamed up to get you climbing outdoors.
Gym to Crag (GTC)
Take your indoor climbing skills outdoors with this 2-part class. You'll spend 3 hours here at CityROCK with a PPAS guide before heading outside for an 8 hour day climbing at one of our local crags.
- 3 hour, Friday evening, gym session at CityROCK with PPAS guide
- 8 hour outdoor session on Saturday with PPAS guide
- Needs a minimum of 3 climbers to run, 8 climber max
- 4:1 max climber to guide ratio for outdoor session, or 8:2 (two guides)
MUST know how to top rope belay. If you do not, you must take a belay class prior to registering for GTC.
Friday June 17, Saturday June 18
Friday July 8, Saturday July 9
Friday August 12, Saturday August 13
Friday September 9, Saturday September 10
Rescue Clinic, Rescue 101:
Want to learn how to rescue yourself or your partner? This course will teach you the basics of climbing rescue techniques.
- 4 hour gym session with PPAS guide
- Need 4 climbers to run, 6 climber max
You MUST know the following prior to signing up for the Rescue clinic:
- How to lead belay
- Anchor building and cleaning
- Rope handling
If you do not know how to do these things, please learn these skills prior to signing up for the Rescue Clinic.