CityROCK IS OPEN with reduced capacity per the Colorado department of public health.
The gym is going to look and feel different. We'll have to all adhere to the government guidelines for reopening the gym. We will have new routes and boulder problems, a clean facility, and an extremely excited staff waiting for you.
Please click on the following links to learn more about COVID-2019:
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - COVID-19 Recommendations
- CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
We are happy to announce we will expand our capacity to Bouldering/training- 25 reservations 5 walk-in, Ropes- 35 reservations 5 walk-in, Fitness/Cardio- 4 reservations
January 7th. In response to the survey results we received in November, we will offer a hybrid of reservations and walk-in spots for our members to use. The reservation platform will not change. Members can now use their guest passes and punch passes for non family members to enjoy. Please note, we may have to pull this benefit if we are taken back to level red so enjoy this perk while we are able to offer it!
Day passes are available as of January 7. Day pass users need to make reservations and fill out a waive before they make a reservation. Please make sure to include accurate birthday and contact information for all day pass users in your party. It is imperative that we have accurate information for contact tracing purposes.
CityROCK is accepting new members! If you'd like to purchase a punch pass or start a membership, call us or come in and we'll get you started.
No refunds or discounts on memberships at this time. We will not issue refunds if we have a new COVID-19 closure.
Top rope and lead certifications will resume based on staff availability. Lead climbers must have their own rope.
Yoga, youth, and adult classes are not being offered at this time.
Who can visit
Annual prepaid members, EFT members, punch pass holders, and day pass holders may book reservations or fill walk-in spots. Day pass users, please make sure you have an accurate and up-to-date waiver on file prior to making a reservation. New members are welcome! Members may use guest passes at this time if there are reservation or walk-in spots available.
Spectators will not be allowed in the gym without having a current waiver on file. Spectators count against our numbers; entry is not guaranteed and is dependent on current capacity
Each climbing room/area will have its own capacity limit. If reservations spots are not filled, we will allow walk-ins to fill the spots to capacity. The capacity limits are Boulder/training- 25 reservations and 5 walk-in, Ropes- 35 reservations and 5 walk-in, Fitness/Cardio- 4 reservations
A Tyvek wall separates the roped climbing area from the bouldering/training area. The roped climbing area consists of climbing on the east side of the building once you pass through the double doors in the Tyvek wall. The area is used for top roping, auto-belaying, and lead climbing on the tallest (43 ft) walls in CityROCK. The bouldering/training area is on the west side of the Tyvek wall and consists of the boulder, the kids/programs deck located at the top of the stairs on the south side of the building on the 3rd floor, and the training area with the campus boards, Moon board, systems walls, and hangboard area. The fitness/cardio room is the area inside the glass doors located between the training area and CLIMBarium. The CLIMBarium remains closed at this time.
Reservations are available per climbing area per time slot. Please check the reservation calendar for information on available reservation spots during each time slot. Annual prepaid members, EFT members, punch pass holders, and day pass users may make reservations. Day pass users need to fill out a waiver prior to making a reservation.
Walk-in spots will be available for each time slot per climbing area. We will reserve 5 walk-in spots for each bouldering/training time slot, and 10 walk-in spots for each roped climbing time slot. We will allow as many walk-ins as available without exceeding capacity limits, in the event that all reservation spots are not filled by reservations. If you would like to occupy a walk-in spot, please arrive on time for that climbing session.
CityROCK will not issue refunds in the event of a new COVID-19 closure. CityROCK will not refund your membership due to lack of climbing availability. If you have an active membership, you acknowledge CityROCK is operating with capacity restrictions that may impact your ability to climb during preferred times.
If you answer yes to any of the following, you for may not climb at CityROCK. Please be honest and help us protect our community.
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, muscle soreness, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or changes in your sense of taste or smell?
- Is anyone in your home experiencing any of the symptoms listed above?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19?
Adult and youth classes
In the continued effort to minimize close contact we will not offer any instruction, youth programs, adult programs, or yoga at this time.
Children must be supervised and stay at arm's reach
We welcome you to bring your children in to climb. Please be advised children under 6 are not permitted on the bouldering floor. Top rope and auto belay climbing are available for children under 6 and rental gear is available at the front desk.
CLIMBarium and Cave
The Climbarium and the Cave are closed until further notice.
- No changing rooms, showers, lockers, lead rope rentals, or water fountains will be available. Please show up for your session dressed in your workout clothing and have a full water bottle on hand.
- If you are lead climbing, please DO NOT PLACE THE ROPE IN YOUR MOUTH. Any climber seen with a rope in their mouth will be asked to leave the gym.
- No street shoes will be permitted on the climbing walls. Please be aware of what you put your shoes on in the fitness and training areas. Be diligent in using the provided sanitizer to wipe down all surfaces you come in contact with while in these areas.
- Masks required:
- Visitors are required to wear face masks throughout the facility and must be worn while in the facility. Entry will not be permitted without a mask.
- Please bring your own mask, they will not be provided.
- Members must respect a MINIMUM of 6 feet of social distance. We would like hugs too, but for the time being, please refrain from physical contact and respect the social distancing requirements.
- Wash your hands frequently (before – during – after climbing) Additional sinks will be available upon entry, on both the rope and boulder floor and in the training area.
- Additional sanitizer dispensers will be set up in various locations on the floor. Please use them.
- If you feel sick, you must stay home. This is not only a state mandate, but it is a CityROCK mandate. Please do not risk the spread of any illness to your friends and community.
- No cash transactions will be accepted at this time.
If you would like to support CityROCK during this time, but aren't ready to climb, you can donate to our staff by clicking the button below.