CityROCK IS OPEN with reduced capacity per the Colorado department of public health.
The gym is going to look and feel different. We'll have to all adhere to the government guidelines for the gym. We will have new routes and boulder problems, a clean facility, and an extremely excited staff waiting for you.
Please click on the following links to learn more about COVID-2019:
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - COVID-19 Recommendations
- CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
We are happy to announce we will go to open climbing starting Saturday, February 27. Our capacity will max out at 100 guests, per the State's square footage calculator. CityROCK is happy to welcome both members and non-members 7 days a week. If we hit our max capacity of 100 guests, walk-ins will be placed on a waitlist and allowed in on a 1-in, 1-out basis.
Who can visit
Anyone with a valid waiver on file, who complies with our COVID-19 policies.
Spectators will be allowed in the gym based on capacity restrictions and must have a current waiver on file. Spectators count against our numbers; entry is not guaranteed and is dependent on current capacity
CityROCK will not issue refunds in the event of a new COVID-19 closure. CityROCK will not refund your membership due to lack of climbing availability. If you have an active membership, you acknowledge CityROCK is operating with capacity restrictions that may impact your ability to climb during preferred times.
If you answer yes to any of the following, you for may not climb at CityROCK. Please be honest and help us protect our community.
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, muscle soreness, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or changes in your sense of taste or smell?
- Is anyone in your home experiencing any of the symptoms listed above?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19?
Adult and youth classes
Adult and youth programs should be returning to CityROCK this Spring. Keep an eye out for e-blasts, or on the website, for up-to-date information.
Children must be supervised and stay at arm's reach
We welcome you to bring your children in to climb. Please be advised children under 6 are not permitted on the bouldering floor. Top rope and auto belay climbing are available for children under 6 and rental gear is available at the front desk.
CLIMBarium and Cave
The CLIMBarium will reopen sometime this Spring.
- No changing rooms, showers, lockers, lead rope rentals, or water fountains will be available. Please show up for your session dressed in your workout clothing and have a full water bottle on hand.
- If you are lead climbing, please DO NOT PLACE THE ROPE IN YOUR MOUTH. Any climber seen with a rope in their mouth will be asked to leave the gym.
- No street shoes will be permitted on the climbing walls. Please be aware of what you put your shoes on in the fitness and training areas. Be diligent in using the provided sanitizer to wipe down all surfaces you come in contact with while in these areas.
- Masks required:
- Visitors are required to wear face masks throughout the facility and must be worn while in the facility. Entry will not be permitted without a mask.
- Please bring your own mask, they will not be provided.
- Members must respect a MINIMUM of 6 feet of social distance. We would like hugs too, but for the time being, please refrain from physical contact and respect the social distancing requirements.
- Wash your hands frequently (before – during – after climbing) Additional sinks will be available upon entry, on both the rope and boulder floor and in the training area.
- Additional sanitizer dispensers will be set up in various locations on the floor. Please use them.
- If you feel sick, you must stay home. This is not only a state mandate, but it is a CityROCK mandate. Please do not risk the spread of any illness to your friends and community.
If you would like to support CityROCK during this time, but aren't ready to climb, you can donate to our staff by clicking the button below.