CityROCK is open with reduced capacity per the Colorado Department of Public Health.
Please click on the following links to learn more about COVID-2019:
• Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - COVID-19 Recommendations
• CDC - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in the U.S.
Current Status of CityROCK
Reservations no longer required
CityROCK no longer requires climbing reservations. You may come and go as you please during open climb times as long as we haven’t reached our maximum occupancy of 100. Please see our pricing page for membership and day pass rates. Open climb times are:
Morning climb (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday): 6 to 8 am*
Monday - Friday 11 AM to 9 PM
Saturday - Sunday 12 PM to 6 PM
*We will close the doors at 6:30 am so please plan your arrival accordingly. Special rate of $13 for morning climb. No charge for members!
Check our climber counter here to see our current gym occupancy.
Day passes now available
We are now accepting first-time customers Monday - Friday from 11 AM to 5 PM, and Saturday - Sunday 12 to 6 PM. Please be aware that wait times might be longer than normal due to limited staff. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone not following our COVID-19 policies. Shoe and harness rentals are available.
Members can now reinstate prepaid or monthly EFT. Please come in person to restart your membership. We appreciate non-cash payments.
We will add 3 months to all prepaid memberships to account for our state-mandated closure.
On September 5, we will begin charging for prepaid and EFT freezes.
We are setting our maximum capacity at 100 guests. Should we hit our capacity, customers will be allowed in as other customers leave (one out, one in). Check our climber counter here to see our current gym occupancy.
Instruction and yoga
In the continued effort to promote social distancing, we will not offer any climbing instruction, youth programs or adult programs. Yoga classes are cancelled until further notice.
Top rope and lead certifications will resume during Open Climb based on staff availability. Lead climbers must have their own ropes.
Children must be supervised and stay within an arm’s reach.
Your children can come climb! Children under 6 are not permitted on the bouldering floor. All kids can top rope or use the auto belays and rental gear is now available.
CLIMBarium and Cave
The Climbarium and the Cave are closed until further notice.
In the event of a new COVID-19 closure, we may not offer refunds or credits for unused membership time. We will always try to do the right thing by our members, but ongoing closures will be difficult for us to manage. By reinstating your membership, you acknowledge these realities and that CityROCK is operating with capacity restrictions that may impact your ability to climb during preferred times.
If you answer yes to any of the following, please do not climb with us. We appreciate your honesty and interest in protecting our entire community.
- Have you traveled outside of the state in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, muscle soreness, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or changes in your sense of taste or smell?
- Is anyone in your home experiencing any of the symptoms listed above?
- Have you been exposed to anyone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19?
Pandemic Prevention Measures
- No changing rooms, showers, lockers, lead rope rentals, or water fountains will be available. Please show up for your session dressed in your workout clothing and with a full water bottle on hand.
- Street shoes bring in street germs. Please use personal climbing shoes or rent ours that we regularly sanitize.
- Be diligent in using the provided sanitizer to wipe down all surfaces you touch in the fitness and training areas.
- If you are lead climbing, please DO NOT PLACE THE ROPE IN YOUR MOUTH. If you can’t break this habit, we will ask you to refrain from leading.
- Masks – YES!
- Visitors are required to wear face masks throughout the facility. Entry will not be permitted without a mask. Unless you are engaged in climbing or cardio activities, you should conceal your mouth and nose behind a protective covering.
- Masks may be removed while climbing or exercising.
- Please bring your own mask because we don’t have enough to share.
- Climbers should maintain a distance of 6 feet from other climbers with whom they don’t regularly share germs.
- Wash your hands frequently and well. A variety of sinks are available in multiple locations for your convenience.
- Sanitizer dispensers are also available in convenient locations for your health and wellness needs.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. This is not only a state mandate, but is the right thing to do. Please do not risk the spread of any illness to your friends and community.
- We prefer non-cash transactions.
If you would like to support CityROCK during this time, but aren't ready to climb, you can donate by clicking the button below. We will put your money to good use, keeping this business open so you can come in another day!