CityROCK is turning 10!
CityROCK opened on December 26, 2009. Our owners turned the old Ute 70 theater into what is now a climbing gym with a full fitness center and yoga studio in the heart of downtown Colorado Springs. The owners envisioned a climbing gym that would bring together an inclusive community. Ten years later, we think they have done exactly that.
CityROCK started out as sport climbing walls, a free-standing boulder, and the Rock-it Room (who remembers that?). Crossfit SoCo held classes on the main deck in front of where the stadium seating now sits. A slackline ran from the S-wall over to the Arrow. A small group of enthusiastic climbers fell in love with CityROCK and helped foster its growth.
An expansion brought us the speed wall, shark wall, green pillar, Emerald City, Godzilla wall, the wave, the blue boulder upstairs, the 3rd floor training area, and the CLIMBarium.
Envisioning a better CityROCK, the owners embarked on the 2018 beautification project to give you the CityROCK you experience today.
To celebrate our 10th Anniversary and the end of our remodel (thank you for enduring it with us!), we're having a 10-day party January 1 to 10 that includes specials, daily events from 5 PM to 8 PM, Downtown Local Anniversary Edition followed by a party, and a 10-things challenge to win one of 10 free, one month memberships. We hope you'll join us for some or all of our celebration.
Schedule of Events
DOWNTOWN LOCAL 10th Anniversary
Friday, January 10
5 to 8 PM
The competition will feature:
- 5 of our favorite challenges like crate stack racing and Mountain Chalet's target zone
- Vendors with shoe and gear demos and giveaways
- 20 new routes/ 20 new boulder problems
- Redpoint competition with 3 hours climb time
- Raffle! Petzl crashpad anyone? (Must participate to be entered)
MUST pre-register because this comp is capped or risk showing up and not getting a spot.
Free to members, $10 for non-members
Take advantage of the following deals available only during the 10 days of celebration:
- 10% Off Annual Prepaid Memberships
- 10% Off Punch Passes
- 10% Off CityROCK Merchandise
- 10% Off Kids Winter Camp for Siblings
- $10 Belay Lessons (Regular price is $25. Cannot use until after 1/10)
- $10 Day pass (Regular value up to $19 - Valid on 1/10 from 6 am to 3 pm and 8 to 11 pm)
- $10 for Non-members for Downtown Local (Regular entry fee $20)
- $10 yoga weekend pass for non-members valid for as many yoga classes you want to try on January 4 and 5
- Waive EFT joining fee when if you sign up for an EFT membership
adidas athlete and remarkable human Marcus Garcia will be joining us on January 9 and 11 to teach clinics! Sign up for his How to Redpoint clinic, or his Get a Grip clinic.
HOW TO REDPOINT
Many climbs out there offer different styles of movement and clipping stances. Breaking down the route to understand each move takes time and practice. This clinic will help you understand cruxes, the approach to crux climbing, what is a redpoint crux, time on the route vs rest time, as well as creating a training program for a project route. Don't know how to project? Marcus will teach you!
Thurs, Jan 9 12 PM to 3 PM
Sat, Jan 11 2 to 5 PM
GET A GRIP
Slopers have you stumped? Pinches feel too hard? Crimps seem impossible? Climbing holds require different balance, movement, and grip in order to efficiently and properly use them. Learn how to position your body and move off holds to help you become a stronger, more efficient climber.
Thurs, Jan 9 7 to 10 PM
Sat, Jan 11 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM
THE 10 CHALLENGES
Want to win a free month membership? We’re giving away 10 one-month memberships and a couple other cool prizes! (Watch our IG and FB to see what they are) Complete the 10 challenges below and be entered to win a free month!
- Pick up a Challenge Card at the Beta Center.
- All 10 challenges have to be completed Between 12:00 AM Jan 1 and 11:59 PM on January 10, 2020.
This challenge is on the honor system, please do not cheat.
- You must post a picture of each challenge you complete to IG or FB #CityROCK10 @climbcityrock.