CityROCK offers climbing programs for kids ages 6 and up. Our curriculum introduces kids of all ability levels to the exciting and challenging world of climbing. We use games, circuits, and balance and agility exercises to create an enjoyable and engaging experience. Our programs help children fine tune motor skills, develop confidence, develop leadership skills, work as a team, improve communication, and learn to solve problems.
Memberships included with our programs offer unlimited climbing access during CityROCK's business hours. Please take advantage of this to practice the skills learned!
- CityROCK's goal is to keep classes running when possible.
- Because most of our classes are in the afternoon, we don’t follow any school district cancellation policy. Instead, we will assess the weather and road conditions during periods of winter weather and make a decision by 12 pm.
- Some people feel more comfortable than others driving in winter weather and conditions can vary greatly within the city. If we decide to hold classes, please use your best judgment on joining us.
- In case of bad weather feel free to contact to gym to confirm that classes are running regularly.
- Make-up practices are only available for Boulders and Club. No make-ups are available for the Adaptive Climbing Team or Team CityROCK.
- For Boulders and Club please email Ian Richards to schedule your make-up.
- Make-ups are available only during similar classes that are currently running.
- Make-ups cannot be carried over from one session to the next (sessions go from the 5th of the month to the 4th of the next month) unless the missed class is the last one before the end of the session. In this case, you can have one more week for a make-up.
Refunds and Payments
- No refunds, full or partial, will be given for classes missed and not made up during the alloted timeframe.
- For EFT (automatic recurring payment) members: Notify us that you want to end your class/membership by the first of the month. If you do not notify us, enrollment will continue to the next month and you will be responsible for payments.
- You can make arrangements for pre-approved absences of more than two weeks or in special situations.
Expectations of Climbers
We expect that all climbers in our programs will:
- Follow all CityROCK rules and policies – see the front desk for a copy.
- Be respectful and courteous to coaches, other participants, and other climbers at CityROCK.
- Be aware that you are an example to climbers and you should act accordingly.
- Wear your shirt to all practices (replacement shirts available for $10).
- Show up on time to all practices, ready to participate physically and mentally.
- Communicate any issues or questions you have about your climbing or billing with your coaches.